Ramadan Day 2 - Iftar

There was little activity on the complex today as it is day two of our 100% curfew but it was lovely and sunny, although breezy, so I got my bedding washed and dried.  Back in the UK, I have to use the tumble dryer and it's still a novelty to peg out my washing and it be dry only a few hours later.

As I returned with my washing, I saw that the Wine Fairy had been and left a bottle of red wine on my doorstep.  A few minutes later there was a knock at the door and my neighbour presented me with a plate of barbecued meats, so I could share their Saturday Iftar.

I took the first photo just before the nightly 'boom' to announce the end to the daily fast and the other a short while later after the sun had finally set.  The sky was so clear with the moon shining although it's just a little dot in the photo; beautiful. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus