Breakfast and elevenses on the terrace

It is now getting very warm at Lavender Residence which is up the hill outside Sogucak, although there is also a gentle refreshing breeze.  It's quite reminiscent of a good, hot summer's day in England; not too hot but hot enough to take meals in the garden.




My terrace, at the side of the lounge is covered by the apartment above but open on three sides.  As we get to the height of summer it will be excellent for all meals outside but with shelter from the searing sun.  For now, I've moved my table and a chair to the far end where the morning sun spreads it's light and warmth.



This morning I sat outside with my coffee and a bowl of delicious, sweet strawberries that my neighbour brought back for me from the market.  On occasions, I have had good strawberries in the UK but generally they are a bit hard and often under ripe.  These were large, fully ripe, soft, juicy and so..................strawberryish 🍓.







Then a few hours later, whilst the sun was still flooding the rear of the terrace, I enjoyed a cay with a rather large slice of pistachio baklava, given to me by another neighbour.  I have on a few occasions made this myself back in the UK.  It's always gone down well with my dinner guests but nowhere matches the gorgeousness of this treat from Kara Firin bakery located on the main road between here and the centrum.

Both were a treat with time for reflection after recently receiving news from the UK of two people, dear to me, who are in hospital with coronavirus, although conquering it.  This was followed yesterday by news from a dear friend who has been recalled back to hospital on a different matter.  Life is so unfair to some people.  I'm grateful for my good health, my friends here who are keeping me supplied with food and other necessities, and the Turkish government who introduced restrictions on those under 20, over 65 and with chronic illnesses which, as I'm an 'old person' means I'm not allowed to go out in public.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus