2nd weekend of 100% lockdown - day 2

I thought today was going to be uneventful but it turned out differently than expected.  Due to the total lock down, I had to send a 'happy 40th birthday' message via WhatsApp to my Turkish friend. If it wasn't for coronavirus there would have been a big party of friends and family celebrating in the Panorma restaurant here at Lavender Residence.

My wonderful Turkish neighbours provided myself and the other English resident with a lovely and totally unexpected Turkish breakfast which I enjoyed eating sat in the sun.  There was quite a selection of Turkish goodies.  When I eventually stopped eating I was totally stuffed!  I'm going to do a post about Turkish breakfast, which is quite a feast, on another day, maybe tomorrow?

My baba (daddy) in a UK care home, is blind so I've started recording voice messages for him and I did another today and sent it on WhatsApp to the manager.  Doing it this way means the staff can arrange the best time to play it to him so I'm not disrupting any of his or their routines.

It's now 18 months since I retired but today it was like being back in work. My employers, Ricoh UK, were very forward thinking with regard to home working and communication technology.  I was field based and when not visiting client sites, worked from home.  Most meetings were done on line so Zoom, Skype etc are not new to me and often I could have multiple online meetings and training in one day.  Today at 12.30pm, I had my regular weekly video call with my niece, then it was back to back Zoom calls for a few hours.  First was a substitute pub lunch with some of the girls from WIMA (Women's International Motorcycle Association) at 1pm, then 2pm was catch up with some of my Bradford Rock Choir friends before the 3pm daily 'Keep Britain Singing' public Rock Choir performance. 

Before I knew it, the day was ending, again, but I managed to capture tonight's sunset.  Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus