Easter Sunday 100% lock down in Kusadasi

Today, Easter Sunday in Kusadasi was going to be just another day.  I recorded a voice message to send to my dad at his care home in Stalybridge, did some washing and then settled in for another day on my 'over 65s' lockdown.  But I hadn't bargained on my lovely Turkish neighbours, Muzo and Gulsaher.  Applying appropriate social distancing, they shared with myself and the other English resident, Graham, a lovely mezze of cheese, sausage, olives and banana and we also had a glass or two of red wine, as we all enjoyed the sun. 

I video called my niece Emma, as I do every Sunday, missed a couple of video calls that I;ll return this evening but got a lovely message back from dad and 'Happy Easter' in Turkish from my bestie Helen, so responded in Ukranian.  Counting my blessings on this unusual Easter Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus