2nd weekend of 100% lockdown - day 1

Again this weekend in many provinces there is 100% lock down with no one allowed out from their homes.  Looking at a police video of Kusadasi at 1am this morning, everyone is staying home.  It will be very hard on most people who are used to spending the weekends outside but it's just another day for me as I'm not allowed out at any time.  Although I can walk and exercise outside the apartment, I can't go out in public. Today, after some exercise (not enough really) I spent most of the day reading and listening to my 'chill out' music.  I joined in Rock Choir's 'Keep Britain Singing' at 3pm BST and for once didn't suffer any internet loss.  I was singing along to Firework and Symphony, at the top of my voice and with my higher alto harmonies.  For the sake of my neighbours I kept the windows closed.

I ended up in an FB conversation with one of my Rock Choir friends about loo rolls and hand wash.  She told me she's managed to get loo rolls but can't get hand wash.  I felt guilty knowing I have a good stock of loo rolls and two as yet unopened bottles of hand wash that my friend brought me this week.  I've had everything off my shopping list and I don't think there are any shortages here.  T

The weather is really lovely and getting hotter every day but most of my clothes are for winter as I didn't expect to still be here now.  I managed to buy a pair of shorts just before the lock down, as some of the shops were starting to stock summer clothes, but now all the clothes shops are shut so I might have to start cutting the legs off some of my leggings 😀.  I'll manage!

The sunsets here are fabulous and getting better every day - here's tonight's sun going down.  Just after I took the photo, I could see the jet trail of a plane heading southwest, presumably from Istanbul.  On the previous evenings, it's been heading towards Istanbul.  I've read there are still some repatriation flights leaving Istanbul but they are very occasional.  I think there was one going today to Heathrow and of course they are going to other countries but I only see the ones advertised for UK expats.  But I'm staying here until this is all over and I now have my permit in paper form; just waiting for the card.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus