Curfew - a temporary escape

Being 32 for the 35th time😉, I'm in the 'under 18s, over 65s, chronically ill' group that are on 100% curfew.  That means we are not allowed to go out in public AT ALL, other than when the government says so.  We can walk round our gardens, if we have them.  Most people, particularly those in the centre of Kusadasi, live in apartments with no outside space other than a small balcony and it must be hell for them.  I'm lucky that I do have a reasonable outside space that I can walk round in our small, enclosed complex.  

On the three Sundays that the government have allowed the over 65s to go out, it is to walk only.  We can't get in our cars, or use public transport, to get to the centre to walk along the promenade (beaches and parks are still closed!).  It's been nice to see photos of not only the 'old people' walking along the sea front but also that everyone else stayed away during the few defined hours we were set free.  Until today, I hadn't taken up the opportunity as I didn't want to walk up to the village, which would probably be shut.  Also, it's been way too hot.  Today though, it's slightly cooler (22°) and I have been curious about the road that goes down the other side of the complex.  So, I donned my mask and set off.  Masks have to be worn in public and although I didn't end up meeting anyone, I didn't want to risk it.  

I went past the large villa where my 'friends' live.  Apart from exchanging daily 'hellos' and waves, from across the road, we've never really spoken other than to establish that I'm English and the lady, at least, is from Albania.  No sign of them but then it was really siesta (wonder what the Turkish equivalent is?) time.  The road is very steep!  At the bottom, is a left turn to a gate with a very long drive which I think my lead to the lovely large house I've seen at the side of the Lavender Residence villas.  To the right was Pine Valley Sitesi, a complex of villas, which I hadn't realised was there.  I walked to the end of the road which brought me to the exterior of bottom of the Lavender Residence complex.  There's a bit of a rough path, through the undergrowth back up to the road, opposite where my 'friends' live.


After a short break and a cup of cay, following the excitement of being free, I walked along the road in the other direction, down the side of Lavender Residence complex.  At the entrance the road takes a sharp right away from the complex and runs straight for about 50 metres up to the next corner.  On one side is a farm field where fodder for the cows is grown.  This has been edged with various bushes; oleander, little pine trees and lavender.  On the other side is the ravine that forms Pine Valley,  There are a lot of pine trees, and many flower bushes including oleander and, of course, lavender.  It all creates quite an impressive sight when one first drives up to Lavender Residence.  For me, being a predominantly city girl, the abundance and variety of flowers and other flora, surprise me every day.

The oleandar is flowering and there are white, pink and red versions of it. 


And on the corner of the farm field there is a large patch of lettuce that we are growing for our own consumption.  Looking at it, I reckon some will be ready within the next few weeks.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus