It's Getting Hotter!!

For the last five days or so, it's been getting hotter so I now have all the apartment floor to ceiling sliding doors open from getting up until well over dark and the one in the bedroom has been fully open overnight for weeks.  I've now had to change to lighter bedding too.

Because I wasn't supposed to be here during the summer months, I wasn't prepared clotheswise so have had to resort to online shopping, something I've not done previously for clothes.  I've been very pleased with the items that have arrived so far; all look good and fit me so I'll now buy more. 

It looks as if the lockdown will continue for a while here.  Certainly they are not proposing to lift the 100% curfew on the under 20s, over 65s and chronically ill until June, although we were allowed to go out for a walk for a defined number of hours, on a set day last week and again this coming week.  Hopefully, it will be allowed weekly.  

We have decided as a community to grow a lot of our own fruit and vegetables during the pandemic, which our gardener is managing on our behalf.  Every night when I go for my walk round the complex (which is allowed by law), I check on the progress.  I do not have green fingers at all and the plants are in danger of dying from me just looking at them but every day I see another tomato, more strawberries and the courgettes are starting to grow.  I've also realised that most of the trees we've always had at Lavender Residence are fruit trees.  So far, I've found lemon, orange, apricot and mulberry.  Across from my terrace the banana tree is going berserk so there should be a good crop this year.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus