Staying Safe


Before the new measures started, I ventured out to Kusadasi for a final meal at La Terrazza, a restaurant at the marina that is open air and follows all the measures.  Apart from the staff, there was a table of three ladies and then me, so there was plenty of distance between us.  I also had a walk along the front.  This was all a dry run to see what I could do within my allowed three hours between 1000 and 1300.  Despite the warning of measures to come, people still weren't wearing masks or, if they were, wearing them properly. Nose poking out seems to be the favoured way to wear them.   

Since the new measures have taken effect, I did a walk on the beach but not venturing too far from the car as it looks as if the restaurants on the beach have totally closed and I might need to make a quick getaway ha ha.  As it's now takeaway/deliveries only, it's really not worth them opening as their customer base will probably dwindle to zero.  Already, as it had become a bit chillier, there had been less people going to the beach, just walkers, and most of them live on the sites next to the beach so will go home after.  On a number of occasions over the past weeks, when I'd stopped for a drink or snack, I'd been the only customer.  I always sat outside as the sun is still warm despite the chilly air.

Our on site restaurant has closed although I did get the chef to cook my T bone beforehand.  Much better than if I'd cooked it!

Cases in Turkey are suddenly rising dramatically each day. and this will be because it was getting too cold for most people to eat outside so the virus has more opportunity to spread.  Turkey has only ever reported the symptomatic cases so the overall cases are probably much higher but also the daily deaths have risen dramatically.  Our village is a low risk area although there are cases and when I have driven through on my way out, I still see people without masks, which are supposed to be mandatory outside the house.  Our complex is about 800m away from the main village and quite remote.  Everyone is keeping within their family groups.  Sadly, some of the residents are hearing of friends and relatives living elsewhere who have contracted the virus but they haven't been in physical contact with them for over two weeks so hopefully we will remain virus free. 

I am returning to the UK in a few days so have decided that until then I won't leave the complex.  I need to pack and make preparations to close up, so I'll be fully occupied.  Once back in the UK, I will be in quarantine for at least 14 days, having decided to delay my trip to Tenerife.  I'd already prepared for quarantine and have everything I need other than maybe eggs and butter which my friend will get for me and leave on my doorstep.  Strange times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it rains, it rains

Stormy Weather

Dolmus - the Turkish mini-bus